Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Assassin's Creed III...FINALLY!

Hello friends!
  Life has been getting back to normal around here now that everything is back in working order after Sandy.  Immediately when my power came back on I went to the store and finally bought Assassin's Creed III.  When I placed the disc in the xbox and the opening sequence began...I wish you could have seen the emotions playing on my face as I saw the assassins of the past pave the way for Connor and Desmond.  As I kept playing, I felt there were some really amazing parts to the game....and sadly...some really disappointing things about it as well.  So join me, wont you, in this magical discussion of the journey between the Assassins and Templars?
 
  The good things are a plenty thankfully and I still highly suggest playing the game.  First and foremost, Connor.  I did not really like him too much at first.  I found his story a bit hard to pick up at first, which should NEVER be the case in a game.  He was too stoic, which is different when compared to my beloved smart ass Ezio.  Fortunately, Connor grew on me and I decided that I really like him.  Connor has easily been through a lot and of course he is going to react the way he does, and near the end I could not help but feel I was going to miss him once his story ended.  (Which by the way I LOVED how his story ended.)  When he fights, the weapons and his movements simply amaze me, especially because there are some enemies that have been made harder to beat.  By the end of the game, I enjoyed the way Connor was, especially whenever his broody self interacted with his father.  To me, those are the BEST and most entertaining sequences. (Although, the scene in the end with Charles Lee was absolutely phenomenal and powerful.)  Good on you game writers, good on you.
  Moving on, another thing I really enjoyed this time around which is different from the other games... was Desmond.  Usually I do not care much for him.  He was always in the way from me getting to play as Ezio.  This time around, his story is friggin awesome!  He is so angry and confused and Juno is no help.  The challenges that he is given this time around, such as scaling an arena in Brazil to get to a power source...not too shabby if I do say so myself.
  
  Unfortunately, this game could not escape my side eyeing glares at certain points.  As before, I said I liked Desmond this time around.  I will not spoil it for anyone but the end of this game had me LIVID.  There is just too much left unanswered and now I do not know which way it up because it was so abrupt! I was not a happy camper at all as there was plenty of raging and yelling at my tv.  What the hell Assassin's Creed!
   
  Another main issue came with the fact that their is simply WAY too much going on.  So many side missions, so many characters and dialogue, so little time.  It has always been that way and it has never bothered me before but this time around I was just exhausted by the idea of all it.  This coming from the girl that did the Riddler challenge in Arkham City.  
Even so, it is optional to do that if you want a full 100% on your gameplay so you can simply ignore it; but still, it is just WAY too much going on and pisses me off that every which way you turn is a different random challenge.  JUST LET ME LIVE MY LIFE!!! GAWD!
  
  Here is a personal pet peeve of mine in every game I play that makes me rage so hard.  I can not tell you how many times I threatened Connors life or called him horrible names because he simply did not listen.  I tell him to jump and he hangs.  I tell him to hang from the cliff, he jumps.  I tell him to move up the tree so I can synchronize, he decides he wants to pretend to be a flying squirrel and face plant into the ground! I tell him to run after big enemy, he decides he wants to fight everyone else BUT the big enemy and then once he chases after him he decides to run in the other direction I told him not to go or run up a wall! It drives me bananas and it gives me PTSD from my days playing Tomb Raider: Underworld.  GET IT TOGETHER CONNOR!
   
 
   ...I could go on with the good, the bad, and the ugly, for a long time...And i have not even begun to play the multiplayer yet!  However, ACIII, with its pros and cons is a good game with an interesting story line.  I suggest trying it out yourself to decide, but take consideration of the above things I have mentioned.  If you have played, do you agree or disagree?  And if you have not played, do you think you will??  I want to hear want you guys think.
I think I will end it there for now girls and gamers.
HAPPY GAMING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment