Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS GAME!?!?

Hello lovelies!
  I need to rant a little bit, so listen up.
  I was watching a live stream the other night, as I tend to every night, of a group of people who were discussing the many different games they love, hate, and a bit worried about.  In the middle of it (I believe they were talking in relation to the new Tomb Raider not having a water level or something.  They were awfully intoxicated so A LOT of stuff was thrown around and a lot of slurring) they brought up a game, and I was SHOCKED that they, as well as the people in the chat found to be a great game.
The game is called Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

                                     
                                          

        ....Uh...are you serious?

    That might be one of the WORST games I have ever played.  Alright, maybe not the worst, but it really pissed me off.  Sure the graphics are nice and the idea behind it is interesting...but...really??  It has all the points for what seemed to be a great game.  It even had friggin Andy Serkis voicing the main character!!! So, why do I hate it so much?  I am not sure I have ever played a more repetitive, frustrating game in my life.  I count this game among the top 5 games that makes me angry just thinking about.  What I did not understand, and what was not exactly mentioned in their discussion, is WHY people love this game so much when I so vehemently hate it.  Someone, ANYONE, please explain this to me.  Maybe I did not give it enough of a chance, I was too busy basically doing the same level over and over again....
   
   The question is, should I try playing it again?  See if it does get better or will I just rage even more? I don't know.  What do you fine folks think??
Im off for now!
Gizmo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment