Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

I'm inFAMOUS...Kind of....

Hello again my fellow gamers,
  I hope you all had a lovely weekend.  If not, well then do something this upcoming weekend! GET OUT OF THE HOUSE DAMN IT!
 photo go-outside_zps2bf91630.gif
 photo tumblr_mb5kpkGBLu1qdj4i3o1_500_zps14f70a73.gif
 photo Whenmymomtellsmetogooutside_87bf0b_4036677_zps44b8d437.gif
    ....I figured that it was important I update you all on my little gaming world in between episodes of Orange is the New Black. I seem to be steamrolling through season two like it's my job.
 photo giphy_zpsec449901.gif
 However, I had been able to beat a game before the new season came out called inFAMOUS Second Son:
(I think I might play too many games because I knew that voice was Troy Baker's.)
    Let me just start by saying that throughout the game I kept repeating out loud, "Wow....the graphics on this game are so damn amazing."  Seriously...and I was just talking about the characters alone.  The city is cool and gigantic...I don't even know if I actually made it to every single spot on the map.  There is just so much to do! 
 photo you-ever-have-so-much-to-do-you-just-decide-to-take-a-nap-jim-gaffigan_zps822685e2.gif
    Another thing I enjoyed were those powers!! In the trailer, they only show the smoke power.  Which was alright.  There is also a video power and a concrete power. But they are nothing in comparison to my favorite. THE NEON POWER!
 photo infamous-second-son-neon-jump_zps64147be5.gif
 photo That_is_so_cool_zps528cdce7.gif
    This power makes you move really fast and run up the sides of buildings with no problem.  I loved it so much it made me want to punch Fetch in the face for refusing to share it at first.
I should mention that I loved Fetch too.  She had issues, but was such a bad ass.  (And of course, I want to dye my hair again because of her.) 
 photo InfamousConduit7E45Q_zpsf72a2551.gif
 photo dfdaf5ef-2af0-4ea4-b0e2-cac4e6cf80b3_zpsa14345e3.gif
    I did have problems with this game though.  Main one being this game, for me at least, was incredibly hard! There were a number of times I had to put the controller down and just walk away for a while because I kept getting killed and then angrier.  There were a number of times where I said, "THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE! HOW DO THEY EXPECT ME TO WIN WHEN THEY GIVE ME NO WAY!" 
 photo giphy1_zps825e2a9d.gif
 photo download_zpsf33b5375.gif
     Then, I would walk back, try again, and realize I may have jumped the gun on the angry ranting as I had beaten it.  In some ways I enjoy the fact that they challenge you so much, because you really need to figure out your tactics instead of just going for it.  In other ways, I hated it because you can only die so much before losing your shit.  And I died a lot.
 photo tumblr_m377qectTi1qb5esko1_500_zps2207b160.gif

     Which leads me to my next issue.  Despite the fact that I spent so much time being killed, the actual story line is so very short.  Sure, there are PLENTY of side missions to do to rid the city of the police power.  But, I truly have never seen such a short and rushed story line in a video game.  When the credits started rolling I just sat there with my mouth agape thinking to myself, "Really...that's all of it?"
 photo tumblr_inline_mt9zw0EEEe1s61h61_zpsd68cb66d.gif

     My advice if you do decide to play this game, take your time and explore as much as you can before continuing the story.  Silly me just wanted to finish it and then explore afterwards.
 photo that-is-stupid_zpsdebfaddf.gif

   With that said, it was a cool game.  However, I am not putting it anywhere close to my favorites.  Try it out and see how you feel for yourself.  Then afterwards, you come back here and we have a nice little discussion. Sounds like a plan. 
 photo Donttalktome--IfyoulikeOnePiece_27d40e_4554830_zps958fe79a.gif
 Until then, I am off to finish the season of Orange is the New Black and find a new game to play.  Leave a comment and tell me about the games you're playing! It might inspire me!
As always:
HAPPY GAMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment